Monday, August 30, 2010

slow cooker bourbon chicken

So. It has been a while. The summer heat must have gotten to me. I have not been cooking a lot. It is so warm in the house that turning on my oven is the last thing I want to do, so I just do not do it.

On Sunday I was feeling a bit under the weather and still need to cook for the other half. I had chicken and figured if I used my crockpot I would not heat the whole kitchen up. So I searched for a simple recipe. My husband is a not a big crockpot cooking fan so I knew dinner would be met with some complaints.

I made bourbon breast of chicken . Imagine my surprise when the other half loved it. It may his love of alcohol helped, but he ate two servings.

It was really good. Easy to make and had a lot of taste. I can see having this in the winter.

No comments: