Monday, January 3, 2011

Blackened Chicken and beans

I recently subscribed to Taste of Home magazine . While menu planning for this week, I picked three recipes from the magazine. Tonight I made blackened chicken with beans. It was pretty good. Definitely a make again recipe.

Blackened Chicken and Beans
2 tsp chili powder (I used Tastefully Simple Wahoo chili seasoning mix)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 TBSP oil
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 cup salsa (I used medium)

Combine the chili powder, salt and pepper. Rub over both sides of the chicken. In a large skillet cook chicken in oil over medium heat 4-5 minutes per side until chicken is done. Remove from pan and keep warm.

Add the beans, corn and salsa to skillet, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 2-3 minutes or until heated. Transfer to a serving dish, serve w/ chicken,

* my notes- I served the salsa mix over the chicken. It added a lot of flavor. We had bread and spanish rice on the side.

No comments: