Thursday, August 13, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cherry Oatmeal Cookies

I subscribe to a few cooking magazines. Some more gourmet and some simple living magazines. In this month's Bon App.etit there was this recipe . I love chocolate chip cookies and Jay loves cherries. So a perfect combo for our house. I was helped today by my little 4 year old friend. It was easy for little kids because their were a lot of dry ingredients for little hands to put in the mixer.

I made the dough without the cherries first. I baked half without the cherries. Then I added in half of what the recipe called for in cherries. And, they are better with the cherries. Not that they are bad without the cherries . But the cherries add an interesting tartness to the cookie. And what I really liked about them, they are not super sweet . Definitely a new cookie recipe I will keep around.

Photobucket

No comments: