Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dessert Thursday : Vanilla Cupcakes

Today is new dessert Thursday. Now, to clarify, by new dessert I mean a new recipe. Some of the desserts may be plain jane to you, but sometimes boring is good.

Today I knew I wanted a new recipe, but , to be honest, I live in Georgia, it is so hot and I did not feel like going to the store. So it needed to be simple and something I could make with ingredients I had on hand. Add in my dream about owning a cupcake shop. I knew I wanted to make cupcakes. So, off to the web I went.

I landed at www.joyofbaking.com

and I chose to make

Vanilla cupcakes

These cupcakes were easy to mix up and quick to bake. I checked at 18 min and should have taken them out, but I did not. So I did an extra two minutes. They are not burnt by any means, but the outsides are a little tougher than I like.

I added a bit more (1/2 c) sugar to my frosting. I like a heavy frosting.

The end result. A light cupcake that by itself is not too sweet. So when you add in the frosting you have a nice combination. One I will make again. I could see this cupcake being good with many frostings.


1 comment:

Allyson said...

I think those will be just lovely with my coffee tomorrow morning! ;)